Orlando Car Accident Lawyer- what to do if you’ve been injured
A car accident is a frightening experience most of us will unfortunately face at some point in our lives. It’s important to consider the necessary steps to take if you are involved in a car accident. Injuries from a vehicle collision can be serious-you should do everything you can to seek proper treatment and reasonable compensation for your medical concerns.
1. Injuries- first and foremost, if you or the other driver has suffered an injury, medical personnel should be called immediately. Even if there are no injuries, it’s good to call emergency services so additional parties can be present immediately after the collision.
2. Insurance/Identifying Information- Whether there are injuries or not, it is important to get the other drivers information-both a personal address, and his or her insurance company name will be vital in any future proceedings.
3. Pictures- it is vitally important you take pictures of the scene after the collision. Pictures should be taken of the traffic patterns in the area, the road signs, the damage to each vehicle (from multiple angles), and any traffic signals present.
4. Keep a log- write down any and all details after the crash. Besides the other drivers information, it is also important to take down the names and contact info of witnesses present at the time of the crash.
5. Doctors and Insurance Agent- even if you don’t feel as if you’ve been injured, it’s a good idea to see a doctor soon after the crash. Some injuries don’t present themselves until much later, seeing a doctor early will detect these injuries when they can be better treated. In addition, you will want to contact your insurance agent soon after the crash and tell them what happened. Some policies require this, but even if they don’t-you should make the call to find out what your next steps should be.